PhD. Bioengineering, UCSD (current)
B.S. Bioengineering, Rice University
Project: Conducting Atomic Force Microscopy for Structure-Function
Imaging of Biological Macromolecules
Research Interest: AFM-arrays, Conducting Cantilevers, Ion-Channels, Whole Cell
- D.L. Leiske, B. Meckes, C.E. Miller,C. Wu, T.W. Walker, B. Lin, M. Meron, H.A. Ketelson, M.F. Toney, G.G. Fuller. “Insertion Mechanism of a Poly(ethylene oxide)-poly(butylene oxide) Block Copolymer into a DPPC Monolayer.” Langmuir (2011), 27 (18), 11444–11450.
- Arce FT, Meckes B, Camp SM, Garcia JG, Dudek SM, Lal R. "Heterogenous elastic response of human lung microvascular endothelial cells to barrier modulating stimuli." Nanomedicine. (2013). doi: 10.1016/j.nano.2013.03.006.a
Mo, A.H., Landon, P.B., Meckes, B., Yang, M.M., Glinsky, G.V., Lal, R. (2014). On-demand Four-way Junction DNAzyme Nanoswitch Driven by Inosine-Based Partial Strand Displacement. Nanoscale, 6, 1462-1466.
Connelly, L.S., Meckes, B., Larkin, J., Gillman, A.L., Wanunu, M., Lal, R. (2014). Graphene Nanopore Support System for Simultaneous High Resolution and AFM Imaging of Conductance Measurements. Applied Interfaces and Materials, 6 (7), 5290-5296.
Meckes, B., Teran Arce, F., Connelly, L.S., Lal, R. (2014). Insulated Conducting Cantilevered Nanotips and Two-Chamber Recording System for High Resolution Ion Sensing AFM. Scientific Reports, 4, 4454.
- D. L. Leiske, B. Meckes, H. A. Ketelson, G. G. Fuller. “Investigation of an Amphiphilic Block Copolymer to Prevent Contact Lens Fouling”. ARVO, (2009) Fort Lauderdale, Fl.
- H. Barnard, B. Meckes, C. Ambrosi, G. Sosinsky, and R. Lal. “High Resolution Imaging of Non-Crystalline Connexin 26 Hemichannels.” Biomedical Engineering Society Meeting (2012) Atlanta, Ga.
- B. Meckes, F.T. Arce, A. Gillman, A.H. Mo, R. Lal. “Conducting Atomic force Microscopy for Simultaneous Imaging of Structure and Ionic Current through Nanopores.” 56th Annual Biophysical Society Meeting, (2012) San Diego, Ca.
- P.B. Landon, A.H. Mo, A. Gillman, B. Meckes, S. Ramachandran, R. Lal. “Tunable and regenerative DNA zipper based spring.” American Physical Society Meeting (2012) Boston, Ma
- B. Meckes, L. Alfonta, L Amir, R. Lal. “Electrochemical AFM of Surface Modified E. Coli.” UC Systemwide Bioengineering Conference. (2013) La Jolla, Ca
- H. Barnard, B. Meckes, C. Ambrosi, G. Sosinsky, R. Lal. “High Resolution Imaging of Non-Crystalline Connexin 26 Hemichannels.” Biomedical Engineering Society Meeting, (2012) Atlanta, Ga
- A. Woodcock, B. Meckes, V. Stanley, R. Lal. “Biomechanical Basis of Alzheimer's Disease and Other Protein Misfolding Diseases: Designing a New AFM Probe to Study Amyloid-Mediated Membrane Disorders” 58th Annual Biophysical Society Meeting, (2014) San Francisco, CA.
- NIH National Research Service Award (F31 Fellow)